Saturday 28 April 2012

My revelations about music this week.


I was walking home from a friends house tonight when i got all philosophical n'shit about music and i thought immediately that it must go in blog form, so here we are.


Number One Revelation.
Rise Against are the most passionate band that one would ever listen to. Now, if you listen to rise against's album endgame, most notably songs number two an three, at first listen you assume they're just random songs about anything. But if you listen very closely, and watch the video, especially for Make It Stop (Septembers Children) you'll realise how much effort is actually put in to the songs. Now to explain, Make It Stop is written about the high percentage of homosexual suicide in America, most notably in the month of September. The video is based around the lives of three homosexuals in school, two male and one female, and the abuse that they get for being out about being homosexual. It is an incredibly moving video and Tim McIlrath stated in a blog,
"I found hungry ears and some open minds. But I also found a place that all too often harbours homophobes and perpetuates homophobic behaviour. I found a fire that needed water." 
My point in this part of the paragraph is that, Rise Against are a genuine band who make music that they are 100% passionate about.


Number Two Revelation.
Frank Carter is actually a decent singer. The ex-gallows singer and current Pure Love front man has been criticized in the past for his brand of singing, as it was more of a grunt, and when it came to proper singing he still had a thick English accent. But soon after the release of Pure Loves single, Bury My Bones, he has been praised for his Rock N' Roll approach to his new band. Also, changed his brand of music, "I’m so sick of singing about hate,” is a refreshing change from lyrics such as, "There is nothing left for me I want to kill myself Just for relief". Now I was genuinely gutted when Frank left Gallows, but now after hearing the first single from Pure Love, i'm excited for what the future holds for Frank and Co.


Number Three Revelation
The Lead singer for The Temper Trap has a voice like an angel. Every person has heard the song Sweet Disposition, as it may be one of the most beautiful songs ever written, but in my own opinion, not one singer in the whole wide world could accomplish the same feat he has. I don't really think anything else needs to be said on the matter.

To top this off, I'm not making any excuses, I was at a party earlier on and i had a few drinks, so this may not make sense to anyone, but feedback on this would be nice, so if you could leave a comment in the comments section and i'll work on it.

Peace out
Dan :)

1 comment:

  1. Rise Against FTW. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete